ggarateg
Associate II
Posted on April 10, 2006 at 18:04

Question about St7538

1 REPLY 1
ggarateg
Associate II
Posted on April 10, 2006 at 18:04

Hello my name is Gonzalo and i'm from uruguay South america, as a part of my undergraduate thesis y had to stablish a communication through the powerline so we bought some ST7538 modems. Now i'm having some problems with the modems because i'm note receiving the bits correctly i suspect that it could be because one of the modems is not working properly, but I bought 3 an one of them is damaged so i can't change the modem in order to determine if this is the problem.

I have made test in diferent frequencies and with diferent buad rates, and I could find the best performance in the 76 khz freq. an 600 baud.

If some of you just have some time I could send you the software of the PIC16F628 that i used to control the modem and some pictures of the spectrum produced by the modem that I suspect is wrong.

thank you very much

Gonzalo Garateguy

P.D: if some of you have a sample of the chips or could recommend me a subtitute that I can found as a sample I would be very grateful, because we don't have very much money to buy more modems, so i'm a little stuck in my project right now