Associate II
Posted on June 19, 2006 at 06:05

Flash programming resets the CPU?

2 REPLIES 2
t_i_t_t_o
Associate II
Posted on June 09, 2006 at 13:55

Hello,

I am currently trying to program STR711FR2T6 and I am facing a problem in the following scenario:

My JTAG emulator connects to a STR711FR2T6 microcontroller and downloads a flash loader to the RAM used to program the FLASH.

Next the emulator downloads chunks of data to be programmed to the FLASH and starts the flashloader to program them.

When the flash loader is ready with the current chunk of programmed data it hits a soft breakpoint to signal the JTAG emulator that it is OK to download the next chunk and start the loader again.

The problem is that after some chunks are programmed successfully the emulator fails to get control over MCU and this seem to happen because in the meantime the TAP gets reset or the entire CPU is reset by internal reset.

Can you confirm that during FLASH program TAP may be reset or there is another issue causing the problem? How to workaround this?

I have noticed that the problem occurs only the first time I try to program the MCU after reset. Any other later trys are successful.

Thanks in advance.

t_i_t_t_o
Associate II
Posted on June 19, 2006 at 06:05

I am using an Olimex STR-P711 (STR711FR2T6) Eval board and a Ronetix PEEDI JTAG interface.