don2
Associate II
Posted on August 08, 2006 at 13:06

RVIME ICE Fails to establish connection to target

4 REPLIES 4
don2
Associate II
Posted on April 27, 2006 at 18:18

The RVIME ICE I am using has progressively developed a problem halting the processor, establishing a connection, and sometimes can not download code to flash memory until it warms-up for 30 minutes or so.

It now seems to be completely kaput as it will not establish a connection to the target processor. It returns the following (2) Error Messages:

Error: Vehicle fault detected.

Error V2001B (Vehicle): ^D

don2
Associate II
Posted on May 02, 2006 at 16:31

The same symptom occurs with multiple target boards. The local ST Application Engineer swapped out the RVIME and this cured the connection problem. However, while I can connect and load the image to an IAR Demo card successfully, I still seem to have an intermittent problem when attempting to load the image to my application target board where it reports a read back verify error and the Error Code V2FFFF.

Any thoughts to help cure this problem would be appreciated.

mike6
Associate II
Posted on August 04, 2006 at 12:31

I have a similar problem, but the demo board works fine but our prototype boards do not. Everything seems to be correct with the reset timing, all signal lines are the same as demo board and voltages and pull-ups and pull-downs OK, but 3 prototypes all have the same problem with the ''Unable to stop target'' and ''Error V2001B (vehicle)'' error. Was there a bad batch of chips? We've been at this for weeks and checked everything we could think of. The clock is 16MHz and I've scoped every line on the processor. WAKEUP and STDBY pulled high, 1.8V OK, 3.3V OK, CK OK, RSTIN- OK. Everything seems to be in order, but still get the error message.

mike6
Associate II
Posted on August 08, 2006 at 13:06

Found the problem. Hope this helps others with similar problems.

Problem was rst was being held low too long. The reset supervisor was looking for a low condition then it held it low for up to 300ms.