Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering SystemMemory Boot Mode without Reset

Posted on June 06, 2006 at 05:45

Entering SystemMemory Boot Mode without Reset

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on May 15, 2006 at 09:43

I want to create a user friendly method in my application to enter SystemMemory Boot Mode without using reset and M1 pin. Is this possible or is a reset with M1 pin high the only method?

If this is possible, my customer is able to enter IAP using a menu option in the application.

If possible, how should I do this?

Posted on June 01, 2006 at 07:34

Hi,

Thanks RISC, I have been busy with other things but I will test this soon and let you know!

Regards

Posted on June 01, 2006 at 11:22

Hi,

I have tested a solution using a GPIO pin to set the level of M1 and then execute a software reset. It does noet work??? As soon as the software reset is executed the GPIO pin is input and the high level is not mantained. The external reset pin remains high and the only thing that happenes is a restart of the program.

The application does not enter SystemMemory Boot Mode!

I also tried to reset the processor using an extra GPIO pin, but with the same result.

Any other idea's?

Regards,

Posted on June 06, 2006 at 05:45

Hi,

I tried this solution, but this will not work with a software reset. It works fine though with a hardware reset.

To do this, an extra GPIO pin must be used for the reset pin to go low.

I found another solution using a switch (this switch was allready in the design). The user sets the switch in a ''PROG'' position and then restarts the application. This brings the processor in SystemMemory Boot Mode.

This method works fine.

Thanks for the affort you made in helping to find a solution.

Regards,