Associate II
Posted on February 24, 2007 at 04:38

question about ISL1208

4 REPLIES 4
gas51921
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:13

hello,

now i am doing a project. it is driving a stepper motor by L6208.

the datasheet of L6208 said that it can support a current 5.6A, but now, it only support 1A.well the torque is not enough. if i want a higher torque, what should i do.

P.S.:my circuit is samilar with the one supplied by the datasheet.

thank you for your useful help!

gas51921
Associate II

i have another question. how to confirm the value of the resistance and the capacitor on the RC PIN, thank you for your help!

vincenzo1
Associate II

Maximum current ratings in L6208 datasheet consider internal metallization structures. L6208 maximum current is actually limited by power dissipation (junction temperature should not exceed 125 degrees). L6208PD (PowerSO package) and a good layout (PCB copper is the heatsink) can handle about 1.5A rms per channel. Using a special layout (many layers, large copper areas or aluminium substrate) or adding a real heatsink allows better heat removal thus a higher current.

Maximum current ratings in the datasheet (2.8A rms, 5.6A peak) should never be exceeded, regardless of the IC temperature.

The practiSPIN software, downloadable at the address below, includes a section for power dissipation and thermal analysis.

Regards

Vincenzo Marano

STMicroelectronics

http://www.st.com/stonline/products/families/motor_control/integrated_power_stages/evaluation_environment/practispin.exe

ma99lo
Associate II

Hi Jo Jo, I am looking for a simile project ? have you completed your? would you like to collaborate with me? please, contact me at:

mailto:ma99lo@libero.it

Thanks a lot.