Associate II
Posted on June 08, 2006 at 09:41

Configuration area

2 REPLIES 2
pdale
Associate II
Posted on June 07, 2006 at 12:40

Hi

I ned to put a load of variables into a area of flash. I am using the IAR compiler. With other hardware types / compilers this could be done using the inline asembler commands, works well with the GNU ARM compiler. I cant get it to work with the IAR compiler, it does not do anything at all. I have turned of the optimiser but still nothing. Idealy i would have a C file that can use defines to set up a block of data that can be placed at a specific location in memory. I can do it using an asembler file but it limits what i can do with header files that they both use.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

pdale
Associate II
Posted on June 08, 2006 at 09:41

Thanks, i had given them a try already, but they dont fit in to the method that are other projects use. Some of the data will not be accessed directly, also the data comes from a variaty of header files and is all sequential, so using the @ or pragma directives is very long winded, is there a way to force the compiler to to optimise away parts of code that dont appear to be used?

as i said befor the GNU compiler can do it and it can also be done on PICs using hitide compiler.

Any other things that anyone has tryed?