Associate II
Posted on March 16, 2007 at 05:38

MAC driver using interrupts

7 REPLIES 7
ken_barlow
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:30

Hi,

I have successfully got the ST WEB server demo to work and am now attempting to convert the MAC driver to be interrupt driven. I am having a problem whereby an IRQ is received, but the address provided by the VIC is 0, so I just go back to reset. The init code is:

INIT CODE:

// From the demo

ENET_InitClocksGPIO();

ENET_Init(PHY_FULLDUPLEX_100M);

// Plus configure the vic.

VIC_Config( DMA_ITLine, VIC_IRQ, 1 );

VIC_ITCmd( DMA_ITLine, ENABLE );

// Tried this too.

//VIC_Config( ENET_ITLine, VIC_IRQ, 1 );

//VIC_ITCmd( ENET_ITLine, ENABLE );

// Clear any pending interrupt.

ENET_DMA->ISR = 0xffff;

// Enable the receive interrupt.

ENET_DMA->IER = 0x8000;

// From the demo.

ENET_Start();

INTERRUPT:

void ENET_IRQHandler(void)

{

// Just clear the receive interrupt.

ENET_DMA->ISR = 0x8000;

}

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Can the library code be used to generate interrupts?

What is the ENET_ITLine interrupt used for. I have tried both this and DMA_ITLine.

Also the problem seems to occur even with the Ethernet cable unplugged. And even if I dont enable the interrupt in the ENET_DMA->IER but still initialise the VIC.

It seems the WEB demo just sets up one DMA buffer.

Thanks!

ken_barlow
Associate II

Watchdog setup.

SCU_APBPeriphClockConfig(__WDG, ENABLE);

WDG_DeInit();

WDG_StructInit(&wdInit);

wdInit.WDG_Prescaler = 0;

wdInit.WDG_Preload = 47999;

WDG_Init(&wdInit);

WDG_ITConfig(ENABLE);

VIC_Config( WDG_ITLine, VIC_IRQ, 10 );

VIC_ITCmd( WDG_ITLine, ENABLE );

WDG_Cmd(ENABLE);

I have since realised that the same happens with the UART when interrupt driven. Seems whatever error I have made in not in the MAC configuration, but is more general.

The MAC and/or UART will operate interrupt driven for a few minutes then the VIC returns zero as the ISR address and I get an effective reset. The SYSSTATUS contains 0x01.

Some ARM processor I have used in the past will generate 'spurious' interrupt which have to be handled with a default handler. Is this the case in the STR9? Is this what could be happening?

Thanks.

ken_barlow
Associate II

Update.

I have managed to get the ENET interrupt working now, but only if I enable interrupts and setup the VIC after calling ENET_Start() AND I stop the WDG from generating a periodic interrupt.

If I wave the WDG and ENET interrupts enabled at the same time I still get the jump to 0 from the VIC supplying 0 as the vector address.

Thoughts?

anis
Associate II

Hi,

Can you send the watchdog initialization software for generating the periodic interrupt?

ken_barlow
Associate II

Turns out this is the problem. Its working now.

ken_barlow
Associate II

I can successfully run an app with interrupt driven MAC, UART and periodic WDG if I handle the 'spurious' interrupts by simply clearing interrupt and not trying to process it. With moderate load I get two such interrupts per minute approximately.

Can you see anything wrong with my WDG setup?

sunyuanling1022
Associate II

Hello,KenBarlow.I have problem with the Ethernet of STR912,I can not Ping the EvalueBorad.coulde you send your Example to me ?I preciate your help!

Best Regards!My Email :

mailto:sun_yuanling@126.com