paulbrosens9
Associate
Posted on July 04, 2006 at 14:59

USB Developer Kit for STR7

2 REPLIES 2
paulbrosens9
Associate
Posted on July 04, 2006 at 12:57

I use the evaluanionboard from IAR for the STR711F2.

It is a great advantage for our customers to download the firmware by USB in the field. I tried to use the USB Developer Kit for STR7 with the IAR workbench for ARM version 4.30A.

When I try to to laod the unzipped project the following eroors occur

It seems that the vesrion IAR ARM 4.40 have some additional options for XLINK. How can I solve this problem without buying an update from 4.30 to 4.40 IARARM.

LOAD: Configuration 'Debug' in the project 'DFU' contains broken options for tool 'XLINK':

The format of this file is not supported by this version of the workbench. It appears to have been written by a newer version of the

workbench.

Diagnostics: 'Settings 'XLINK': unsupported version - 18'.

Options for 'XLINK' will be set to default.

Creating backup of original project file.

LOAD: Configuration 'Debug' in the project 'DFU' contains broken options for tool 'JLINK_ID':

The format of this file is not supported by this version of the workbench. It appears to have been written by a newer version of the

workbench.

Diagnostics: 'Settings 'JLINK_ID': unsupported version - 5'.

Options for 'JLINK_ID' will be set to default.

LOAD: Configuration 'Release' in the project 'DFU' contains broken options for tool 'XLINK':

workbench.

Diagnostics: 'Settings 'XLINK': unsupported version - 18'.

Options for 'XLINK' will be set to default.

LOAD: Configuration 'Release' in the project 'DFU' contains broken options for tool 'JLINK_ID':

workbench.

Diagnostics: 'Settings 'JLINK_ID': unsupported version - 5'.

Options for 'JLINK_ID' will be set to default.

anis23
Associate II
Posted on July 04, 2006 at 14:59

Hi Paul1

Actually, the USB Developer Kit for STR7 is developed using the version 4.31A and not the 4.40…

Any way, to solve your problem, I suggest you to delete the existing IAR project files (.eww ; .ewp ; .ewd; .dep) and create your own project using your IAR version (in thumb mode just to reduce the code size) using the source, header and start-up files (71x_init.s, 71x_vect.s and init_tab.s) provided in the zip file.

I think that, in this way, you will not have a problem, because all source files of the demos are coded in strict ANSI-C.

Note that DFU demo of the beta 1 version works only with the STR71x Eval board. The IAR Board will be supported in the final release of the USB Developer kit.