javida14
Associate II
Posted on April 10, 2007 at 06:44

Production programming of 735 devices

4 REPLIES 4
javida14
Associate II
Posted on April 06, 2007 at 19:00

I'm using the Keil and ULINK for development. Question is when in production I would like to flash the device through the ULINK without using the Keil IDE and exposing the source code.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

-Barry

[ This message was edited by: javi on 06-04-2007 22:32 ]

kaouther
Associate II
Posted on April 09, 2007 at 13:19

Hello,

Yes it is possible to update firmware while the system is installed in the end product. This is referred to as In-Application Programming (IAP).

The STR73x and all STR7xx products have the capability of running user-specific firmware to perform In Application Programming of the MCU embedded Flash memory using the UART.

There is a dedicated application note describing the general guidelines to create an IAP application. Please have a look. ''AN2078:STR7 In-Application programming using UART '' available on st web site.

javida14
Associate II
Posted on April 09, 2007 at 18:52

Is this not a chicken and egg answer. The app note steps are to download the flash programmer via the jtag, then using hyperterminal and the com port, the application program can then be programmed to flash.

I'm programming in production the application image. Since the jtag needs to be used anyway, lets go right with the application image. So again, is there a product on the market, that can interface with the jtag connection and using the keil abs output file make the transfer into flash.

ben2
Associate II
Posted on April 10, 2007 at 06:14

if you want a standalone jtag programmer have a look at this site

http://www.ronetix.at/

Ben