javida14
Associate II
Posted on November 17, 2006 at 11:21

IO pin output current rating on STR730

4 REPLIES 4
javida14
Associate II
Posted on November 04, 2006 at 18:53

I see a conflict in the STR73F pdf document 11651. Table 3, in Output Capability shows almost every pin having a rating of 2 mA. In section 3 ''Electrical parameters'', Table 5, indicates Max IO current rating (for both source and sink) having 10 mA. What is the case?

Thanks

Barry

kaouther
Associate II
Posted on November 16, 2006 at 07:02

Hello,

Table3 & table 5 values are different becasue test condition are different:

The output capability in the table 3 is almost 2mA with exception JTDO pin = 4mA & P6.0= 8mA.

However, the table 5, it lists the absolute maximum rating under the maximum stress condition which could damage the device. Note in this table, the I/O type is not specified.

I suggest you to have a look on table 22 , the� output driving current� for the three different I/O types; standard, Med current (JTDO) and High current (P6.0).

Also Fig13..Fig17, graphs shows the results of the output driving current for the I/O types in different temperature.

Hope this confusion is clear.

Regards.

javida14
Associate II
Posted on November 17, 2006 at 04:35

I came to that conclusion after reading the document over again. I was originally planning on driving 5 ma photo-optical devices directly from the I/O pins. I now changed that by using external shift registers with output latches which will drive the devices.

Question: What is the value of the input weak pull-ups? 100K?

Thanks,

Barry

kaouther
Associate II
Posted on November 17, 2006 at 11:21

For the Input pins; pu/pd are with internal 100kΩ weak pull-up or pull down.

For the Weak pu/pd equivalent resistor, please refer to table21.

Regards.