amirhanapi
Associate II
Posted on February 24, 2007 at 04:29

about AN242 DC Motor Speed/position control system

5 REPLIES 5
amirhanapi
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:13

hi there, my name amrul and i'm from malaysia. I'm working on a project which i based on application note AN242. but i encounter a few problems with the hardware.Hope you all here could give me few suggestions for my problems

I dont understand the Sensor module in AN242,it said the application note used Sensor technology STRE 1601,i cant find the exact hardware on the net,or did i misunderstand it? i'm planning to use the same sensor for my project,what should i do?

FYI, i connected the motor controller board to Motorola 68hc11A1 microcontroller board which i develop myself,right now i'm working with the program.

gaetano
Associate II

Hi,

in my opinion what you should use in your system is an optical encoder (similar to what proposed in the AN242) able to provide two quasi-sinusoidal output waverfoms (phase shifted by +- 90 degrees) and a third output to know an absolute position. Try to surf on the net searching for a large amount of these products provided by different manufacturers.

Otherwise, please, clarify better your doubts.

Regards,

Tanio

amirhanapi
Associate II

tq tanio,

im thinking to build it since it just uses phototransistor but the problem is i need a small disk with 200 slots, do you have any suggestion where i cold find it? or there is another option rather than that?

amirhanapi
Associate II

hi there,

its me again with questions :-] :-P, i got problem understanding AN242, now in the part of programming the micro processor, as i stated earlier, i use MC68HC11A1, and in the AN242,it said that i need to set L291 to velocity feedback mode before sending the speed demand word. What this really mean?

How to set L291 to velocity feedback mode? Was there any precise bit I need to send to L291 to set it at velocity feedback mode?

Hope you could help me understanding this. Thank you. :D

ma99lo
Associate II

Hello !! have you completed your project? I am in simile interest and I am looking for a collaborator in these application. would you like to contact me at:

mailto:ma99lo@libero.it

?? thanks a lot. Regards.