Associate II
Posted on August 08, 2006 at 12:18

USB Developer Kit for STR7 - Mass Storage Demo

3 REPLIES 3
shlomotz1
Associate II
Posted on August 08, 2006 at 09:46

Hello,

I’m using the STR710-Eval board with ARM RVDK. (boot jumper setting is – execute code from internal RAM)

The “Mass Storage Demo� project compellation is OK

Could you help with the following questions?

1) When try to download the Image, I got “Flash Memory Control� window message inform that “Flash Block 0/1 opened for modify�. Is it correct? do I must use the flash or it’s optional to run from RAM ?

2) When boot from FALSH. And connect the USB to PC host. The Window device manager couldn’t recognize the USB device. Why?

Appreciate to get more info regarding this demo (ARM code as well as PC-host code)

Best Regards,

Shlomo

mailto:shlomotz1@yahoo.com

anis23
Associate II
Posted on August 08, 2006 at 11:13

Hi shlomot,

In fact the mass storage demos use the RAM (internal or external RAM according to the user selection in the file hw_config.h) as medium memory. So the code shall be stored and executed from internal flash.

For your second question, I can't reproduce your problem with my setup... Normally the mass storage demo works directly with the native driver of windows XP and 2000. There is no need to add PC host software to run these demos.

Sometimes (for W XP) the PC doesn't recognize the device in the first plug and may ask you to reboot your system(driver problem)... Could you please retry to load the code and ensure that the µC boot from internal flash (verify the boot pins)...

Regards,

AnisAs

shlomotz1
Associate II
Posted on August 08, 2006 at 12:18

Hi AnisAs,

1) Can I locate the code in the ram, like scat_armr ?

2) is it correct that even When no program is running (just power on while boot from RAM) the PC host should recognize the USB ? or we must some USB initialization ?

Regards,

Shlomot