cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JTAG / STR7 interface; documentation (lack of)

andrewcampbell9
Associate II
Posted on August 18, 2006 at 09:58

JTAG / STR7 interface; documentation (lack of)

5 REPLIES 5
andrewcampbell9
Associate II
Posted on August 18, 2006 at 06:58

Hello,

I have trauled through the ST website and this forum and have not found what I desire. Developing a product using Raisonance and can program the flash via their development board Okay. But in production I wish to program the flash of the product as part of Test on a bed of nails via the JTAG. I am looking for documentation on the JTAG / STR7 interface so I know what commands, in form of serial data, do what to the STR7.

I hope ST will prove to be helpfull and open about this information as we have invested a lot of time and money in moving from a Freescale device. We also use Atmel devices and find their documentation first rate, hopefully ST could take a leaf out of their book.

Regards,

Andrew Campbell

sjo
Associate II
Posted on August 18, 2006 at 09:14

The RLINK (Raisonance) comes with commandline tool (pgm_str7.exe) that can be used to communicate with the RLINK.

All you have todo is an adapter from the bed of nails to a 20way JTAG header.

Regards

sjo

andrewcampbell9
Associate II
Posted on August 18, 2006 at 09:43

Thank you for your reply sjo,

But I don't want to rely on the Rlink dongle as it is a third party tool and that makes future maintance difficult. We prefer to use our own hardware and software.

Regards

Andrew Campbell

sjo
Associate II
Posted on August 18, 2006 at 09:49

I work on a project called OpenOCD, this supports the str7/str9 - openocd.berlios.de.

This supports a number of interfaces including the parallel port wiggler, a low cost solution for production programming. It is quite slow at the moment, not as quick as the solution below.

Anglia also has free str7 toolchain and ide available, part of this a interface dll available for production programming.

http://www.anglia.com/columbus/index.asp look in the software section.

This was written inhouse to support our customers.

Regards

sjo

andrewcampbell9
Associate II
Posted on August 18, 2006 at 09:58

Thank you very much,

I shall look at those solutions.

Regards,

Andrew Campbell