cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use Complete 256K(BootBank) for Code and Data?

nanuradha
Associate II
Posted on April 23, 2007 at 06:58

Can we use Complete 256K(BootBank) for Code and Data?

3 REPLIES 3
mohamed23
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:41

Hi anuradha,

''in this process we are facing some problems'', What problems are you facing ? could you provide more details.

However, you can use the whole STR91x flash content ( the two banks, so all sectors) for both Data & Code. :p

Rave

[ This message was edited by: Rave on 22-04-2007 19:57 ]

nanuradha
Associate II

Hello,

In our application we want to use complete 256K of Flash memory. in that we want to use one sector for Code and remaining sectors for data(configuration files).

For this requirement, we are using two programs, in one program we have used 32K as BootBank and 256K as Non BootBank. we have written data in 256K starting from Sector 1(Sec's 0,1,2,3) and make it protected, and not written any data in sector 0.

In second program, we are using 256K as BootBank and 32K as Non BootBank. now my code is placed in sector 0 of bookbank(256K). Like this we want to use complete 256K of flash. in this process we are facing some problems. what my doubt is can we use complete 256K of flash for code and data?

expecting reply soon....

thanks and regards

....raj

jgoril
Associate II

I can confirm that it is possible to write whole STR91x's flash.

Remember, that it is not possible to simply move your code between the banks. There are some configuration registers that need to be written with different values, regarding to which bank is boot-bank - see FMI registers.

While the boot-bank is defined during programming, FMI registers must be properly written by your code at begining of program execution.