Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life of ST72F621

Posted on December 29, 2006 at 06:47

Life of ST72F621

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on October 02, 2006 at 17:30

Hello, I ask for help about the expected medium life of XFlash Program Memory of ST72F621. In the manual is present only the minimum that is 100 cycles but is not present the value for Typ or Max cycles number.

Best regards. :-?

sisto
Associate II
Posted on December 29, 2006 at 06:47

Cernia,

penso che il numero massimo di programmazioni non sia definibile a priori in quanto potrebbe variare se non da micro a micro almeno da lotto a lotto di produzione. Ritengo, quindi, che dalle prove di validazione prodotto effettuate, sia emerso che ST possa garantire solo il minimo di 100 cicli.

Personalmente ritengo che rispetto alla famiglia ST7 ''C'' le prestazioni in questo senso siano notevolmente peggiorate non ultimo la ridottissima possibilità di emulazione in-circuit tramite ICC (ex ISP)

I think that the maximum programming cycles simple it is not preventively definable because it depends by device production process and actual XFlash technological limits.

Again, I think that, after product validation tests, ST can only guarantee the minimum number of programming cycles.

It's my opinion that, respect the ST7C family, this new family has worse performances not only for the programming cycles, but above all, for the insufficient possibilities and obvious degradation of the in-circuit debug via ICC.

:(

Sixtus