Associate II
Posted on October 26, 2006 at 14:44

usb hid PROBLEM WHEN report id 1 or multiple report ids

4 REPLIES 4
sriblji
Associate II
Posted on October 04, 2006 at 00:36

Hi all

Can any one help in the problem I see using STR7 USB library.

I am using str7 library HID application. When I try to add report ID to report descriptors my HID device gets lost when connected with PC. Does STR7 usb core.c file has any implementation missing. I understand all the control transfer is implemented with report 0.

But why report 1 added doesnt work in USB HID.

thanks for your time

SRI

[ This message was edited by: sri on 06-10-2006 20:38 ]

anis23
Associate II
Posted on October 09, 2006 at 07:13

Hi SRI,

Sorry for the delay...

Could you tell me please which Library version are you using? Note that a V2.0 (beta1) is available

http://mcu.st.com/mcu/modules.php?mop=modload&name=Splatt_Forums&file=viewtopic&topic=4263&forum=12

with many demos (Device Firmware Upgrade, HID Joystick Mouse, Bulk Mass Storage and isochronous Voice Speaker... Moreover, an official version of the library will be released very soon...

If you are using the V1.0 could please try with the v2.0 (beta) and tell me if you still have the same problem... With the new version you can send both string and data descriptors using the same function called ''Standard_GetDescriptorData()''... you will find examples in the previous link...

Best Regards 🙂

AnisAS

sriblji
Associate II
Posted on October 17, 2006 at 18:05

Sorry for this late reply. I tried your USB library.

I tried to compile joystick demo with Keil and loaded in MCBSTR7 demo board. I changed vendor id and id product. I was able to compile and load in PC. But PC couldnt recognize the device.

Any suggestions..

thanks

SRI

anis23
Associate II
Posted on October 26, 2006 at 14:44

Hi SRI,

This problem could be related to the clock in your board.

Note that all the demos the USB developer kit are tested on the STR71x Eval Board using 16 MHz as main oscillator...

Could you tell me the value of the frequency of your main oscillator???

With Best Regards

AnisAS 🙂