hd2
Associate II
Posted on January 26, 2007 at 17:58

Has anyone made IAP work?

3 REPLIES 3
hd2
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:35

I'm glad ST released the IAP UART example, only I can't make it do anything. I'm using an R-Link and the standalone JTAG programmer provided by ST to flash the hex file into secondary flash and change the CPU to boot from secondary instead of main flash, but after finishing it just sits there dead as a doornail. The instructions say to use the CAPS tool, but CAPS doesn't support r-link, only f-link.

Why can't IAR's j-link or Keil's u-link change the boot order? And why can't they program the secondary flash instead of the main flash? These seem like simple yet essential things to let the compiler/degugger do.

Any success stories out there? Love to hear them,

hd2
Associate II

*** UPDATE ***

It seems to me that in either CAPS or Standalone JTAG programmer, the only option of booting from main or secondary flash is a radio group. There is nowhere in these programs to set addresses of those flash memories.

Even though I choose boot from secondary flash, the CPU always boots from main flash. Apparently the R-link cannot change this. I've now obtained/tried Keil's tools(board w/u-link), IAR's tools(board w/j-link), Raisonance's tools(r-link), ST's board (STR910-EVAL) and nothing but this elusive f-link can change the boot block! This R-link purchase was even at ST's recommendation! Over $700 of equipment and I still can't do a simple operation.

HELP!!!! I just need someone to lay it out straight for me.

hd2
Associate II

*** Another Update ***

OK, j-link can change the boot order, but you have to choose ''All'' or ''configuration block'' in the programming list for it to take affect. Otherwise it just doesn't matter which radio button is selected.

Sorry for all the fuss.