lspr35
Associate II
Posted on December 03, 2007 at 06:38

system memory boot mode by SW?

5 REPLIES 5
lspr35
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:18

I would like to activate the system memory boot mode (see AN2606) via Software, eg. by jump to system memory and not by resetting the controller and setting the BOOT0 and BOOT1 pins accordingly. Is this possible? How can I do this?

Regards

16-32micros
Associate III

Dear Squonk ,

Just to know : What is the purpose of this SW activation ? I beleive that is is not possible because the Code in System Memory must run from address at 0 where is located the vector table.

Regards,

[ This message was edited by: STOne-32 on 27-11-2007 17:26 ]

lspr35
Associate II

The purpose is that I would like to flash the STM32 via serial interface without the necessity for any additional hardware. The activation of the BOOT0 and BOOT1 pins would cost an additional optocoupler in my system because the STM32 is on high voltage level. Additionally, the reset would require some user interaction which is not desirable in my application.

Ofcourse it would be possible to implement my own simple monitor program within a few memory pages. But I am afraid that I will not have enough free memory for this purpose. The 128k is really not much...

So a hint how I can activate the system memory boot mode by software would be very helpful for me.

Regards

Squonk

lanchon
Associate II

couldn't you use outputs of the same STM32 to generate BOOT signals running them through latches or even capacitors?

lspr35
Associate II

You are right - that was also my first idea. If there is no other way I will probably try to use this method.

Regards

Squonk