Associate II
Posted on November 22, 2006 at 05:21

cvdwarf exit cose

4 REPLIES 4
enzo
Associate II
Posted on November 21, 2006 at 07:20

hi everybody.

I'm working with SofTec STVD7 (ver 3.11 for indart STX)

I'm using COSMIC C compiler Version: 4.2b Date: 09 Jun 2000

my target processor is ST7Lite09.

I get this error message form the cvdwarf converter (I suppose it converts form *.st7 to *.s19 motorola s-record format) :

The command: ''cvdwarf Debug\starter.st7'' has failed, the returned value is: -1073741819

exit code=-1073741819.

the name of my project is ''starter''

any suggestion?

I used in the past the same environment (ver3.11) with the same compiler (ver 4.2) with a different MCU (ST7F324) and everything was ok.....

thanks for you interest.

bye

Jack

luca239955_st
Associate III
Posted on November 22, 2006 at 04:59

Hi,

the compiler you are using is very old, and I'm not sure if the problem is coming from the converter itself or from the interaction with stvd7.

Please try using cvdwarf from the command line and, if it does not work, send me the .st7 file and the command line itself (luca punto ubiali at cosmic punto fr) so that I can take a look at it.

Regards,

Luca (Cosmic)

enzo
Associate II
Posted on November 22, 2006 at 05:21

Dear Luca,

thanks for your help.

I tried with the command line and the result is the same.

when the cvdwarf crashes, a windows message appears givin' you the option of sending a report to microsoft (I suppose this is a ''serious'' bug in the converter). I'm working under Win Xp Home.

I downloaded the 16k limited edition of the Cosmic compiler, which would be enough for me in this project with the Lite09.

I installed and I requested a license file to cosmic.

(i didn't receive it ...any suggestion?)

anyway... from the new istallation of COSMIC 16K limited(in C:\Programs\COSMIC\CXST7_16K) I copied the converter cvdwarf.exe on my old folder (C:\COSMIC\ST7 ver4.2b) replacing the old version.

everything is functioning correctly.

Most probably the problem is in the converter.

I didn't test the executable (s19) on my target board because I'm waiting for the board! (actually I'm writing code without hardware).

I will test it soon on my board.

If you think it could be useful I can send you both the .st7 and the ''old'' cvdwarf.exe so you can do your analysis.

Thanks for your interest.

bye

Jack

manthan555
Associate

Sir do you have csxt7 16k software then can you please send me becoz my installation was corrupt and I can't find it again in website so please can you help me