Associate II
Posted on March 14, 2007 at 06:41

STVD7 for indart

6 REPLIES 6
noscreen1
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:13

Hi,

I hope everybody is well. I've got a .stp and .stw file as a result of building a project with STVD7. Now i want to use the STVD7 for inDART tool. The point is that i need to use a .wsp file. Does somebody know how i can have a file with such an extension by using the STVD7?

Thanks for helping.

gaetano
Associate II

Hi noscreen,

the .stp file is related with the project you define and work with (compile and download) inside the workspace. Instead, the .stw is the workspace file that is read by ST7 tool IDE.

Please, download from Softec the latest version of STVD7 and you will be able to open .stw file as workspace file. The extension .wsp is no more used.

Regards,

Tanio

noscreen1
Associate II

Hi,

i've tried to setup the latest version off STVD7 by downloading it from the st.com website. Is it normal that my computer crashes down while ( apparently) trying to install the STM Parallel driver?

Then after the computer's started again, it seems to have recovered from a serious problem.

How to manage because the setup seems not to be complete.

noscreen1
Associate II

hello,

i got a problem with the setup of STVD7 3.3.3.

When it is launched, there's an error message probably due to the bad install of the parallell driver. And i can even not delete the software from my computer.

How could i mznzge?

Thanks for help

gaetano
Associate II

Hi noscreen,

I never installed that version from ST. As you want to use the inDART-STX hardware (as written in the first message of this thread), why not to use directly the Softec's IDE that you can download from the proper website. Before, I would uninstall the actual software, then I would try with that version.

Another advise that I could give you is to explore also the ST7 dedicated forum in which the problems you are facing with STM parallel driver should be mentioned in some ways.

Regards,

Tanio

emmanuel23
Associate II

Hi,

About your issue with st7 Toolset install, I'm afraid you've encountered a bug we're currently working on.

Some tools, such as metrowerks v1.1 used to install a very old version of the STM parallel port driver (v1.2).

This version crashes when the driver is stopped on some recent PCs.

We're working on the installation procedure and the problem will be fixed in next release.

In the meantime, here is a workaround:

1) Change the startup mode for this driver to ''DEMAND'':

a) right click on the ''My Computer'' icon on the desktop

b) select teh ''HARDWARE'' tab

c) click on ''DEVICE MANAGER''

d) click on ''show hidden devices'' in the VIEW menu

e) expand the ''non plug and play devices'' list

f) right click on ''STM parallel port'' in the list and select ''Properties'' in the menu

g) select ''driver'' tab

h) select ''DEMAND'' in the ''startup'' combo box

2) reboot the PC

3) install new ST7 toolset version

4) Change the startup mode for this driver to ''AUTOMATIC''

=> same procedure as for step 1, but choose ''automatic'' at the end

Best regards,

Emmanuel