Associate II
Posted on December 19, 2006 at 10:15

st7fmc and cosmic compiler

17 REPLIES 17
noscreen1
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:13

Hello everybody,

I'm a student working on a project concerning motor control using the st7fmc developement kit and the cosmic compiler.

In fact i got a problem to understand what the compiler answers when it finds errors in files (.o files) that i've never opened...

Could somebody try to help me to understand what is the cause so that i can try to fix that issue.

thx y'all 🙂

gaetano
Associate II

Hi,

please, could you specify more details on your HW & SW workbench and be more precise in describing at which step you are getting troubles.

Best regards,

Tanio

noscreen1
Associate II

In fact i got a project made of 15 files.I'm using the Cosmic compiler. Every .c file can be compiled without any problem. But i'm facing some difficulties with linking those files 'cause the compiler returns some mistakes which apparently are located in some .o files (those .o files have the same names as the .c files to which they are related with).

For example, i got an error said to be due to the fact that a ''_STX_TX_TIMER'' symbol is not defined. I' want to say obviously i haven't defined this symbol but the ''STX_TX_TIMER'' symbol, that is to say, without the underscore ''_'' character.I got 22 erors like that one, all located in .o files.

So in fact, i don't really understand how it is possible, i can't really understand how the symbols are processed in the compiler/linker to have such errors detected.

Thx.

gaetano
Associate II

Dear user,

ST provide two kits for motor control based on ST7MC micro, both of them including C coded libraries dedicated to motor control.

I would like to support you, but, firstly, I need to know what tool kit you are using and drive onto correct path to succed with creation of an executable code.

Regards,

Tanio

gaetano
Associate II

Hi noscreen,

I warmly suggest you to use the STVD7 for InDART-STX IDE and then open the workspace files provided in the CD-ROM for building up your application, including the .h file you created with PC GUI (by the way, all this stuff is described clearly in the User Manual).

This is the only way to allow me to give support and try to solve your troubles.

Have a good job,

Tanio

noscreen1
Associate II

Dear Tanio, i thank you for helping me.

I'm using the st7mc-kit/bldc which has a 3 phase-bldc 24v motor provided with. At the beginning i also used to use the AK-ST7FMC tool to start with viewing how the system works.

I don't know if this answer is what you expected.

best regards

gaetano
Associate II

Well, now I know about your system.

Together with the HW, you should have a CD-ROM and the User manual (there exists also an electronic version in PDF format).

Did you follow the instruction to Build up your libraries?

Did you installed STVD7 for Indart-STX IDE from Softec Microsystems?

Infact, having the Cosmic compiler is not all you needs.

Please, read carefully the manual and let me know your doubts.

Regards,

Tanio

noscreen1
Associate II

Hi Tanio,

In fact at the beginning, i used the AK-ST7FMC application to make my motor run (by following some instructions given by the user's manual about the way the jumpers should be put on the board to work in th desired configuration) and i used to generate a .h file(MTC_SETTINGS_SENSORLESS.h was its name ) corresponding to the parameters which suited me after testing the motor. I integrated this file in the preprocessor directives for my code, with all the other libraries provided and which proved necessary for my application.

I effectively installed the stvD7 tool but i haven't used it yet 'cause i had decided (by my own, and maybe i'm wrong) to start with coding the application by using the COSMIC tool.

I have had some difficulties to make the process go properly, and till now i had found some ways to manage but now i definitely don't know how to.

So i can confirm you that i have all the tools provided in the kit installed on my pc, but i haven't used all of them (as far as the STVD7 tool is concerned for example).

regards

noscreen1
Associate II

Okay,thanks for advising me,

I'm going into it right now to test all i've done, but this time with the STVD7 tool.

I hope we still keep in touch in the (near) future. Maybe this afternoon...

Talk to you soon then

Best regards,

Noscreen