bob239955
Associate II
Posted on January 24, 2008 at 02:02

Mask Revision A or B detection

6 REPLIES 6
bob239955
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:21

How does one detect programatically the mask revision A or B?

Where is the CPUID register at 0xe000ed00 documented for the STM32F103xx? i.e. what do the bits mean?

Where are the differences documented between the revisions?

What outstanding corrections/changes remain for the stm32f103xx ? Where are they documented?

I am particularly interested in the system boot mode and whther there are planned improvements/corrections within the bounds of the specification.

16-32micros
Associate III

Dear bobz,

revA silicon is an engineering sample however revB and revZ are production ones. All our production samples have the bootloader feature inline with the latest AN2606. What do you mean my new features/corrections ? do you have some enhancement I can ask for study your thoughts. 🙂

STOne-32 🙂

16-32micros
Associate III

Quote:

Anyway - back to the question, what are the differences between revision B and Z?

[ This message was edited by: bobz on 16-01-2008 18:43 ]

There is no functional difference between revB and revZ silicon, Just that revZ is the only production sample today.

Thx for your inputs about systemMemory

bob239955
Associate II

Thats great STOne-32, thanks. 8-)

bob239955
Associate II

Hello STOne-32, that does help thanks. Since you ask about improvements, thats a tough one - improving near perfection;-)

1)Faster system boot mode comms. What is the shortest realistic time one can expect to be able to program 128k flash via the system boot mode? Some of the delay would be flash erase/write times {[40ms erase + (256 x 40us write)]x 128 blocks of 1k = 6.4s flash delay}, the rest comms: {128 x 1024 x 10bit / 115200} = 11.4s. So a program time of 20s should be achievable. Is there room for improvement on the comms side? I could only use comms at 19200 baud. The auto baud did not work well for me.(I could program 118k in 25s on an STR7 for comparison). Use of the USB interface could be good for faster speed.

2) Uart CRCs in hardware. The SPI can calculate CRC's with hardware but the UARTs can't - it would be nice if the uarts could, or there was an application note that showed how to borrow that capability from an SPI for the use of a UART (it was said to possible at a seminar). I can see why it may be fiddly with start stop bits, parity, etc.

3) UART Auto baud. Modems can adjust to baud of serial port. It would be good if this was a viable option without data loss. The Coldfire 5272 has this facility but it not perfect.

4) UART FIFO - or the ability for UART-DMA to generate interrupt when *ANY* data arrives in the receive buffer rather than *ONLY* when half full or totally full. This would allow us to make full use of DMA in the full knowledge we'd be notified when ANY data arrives without having to poll the buffer and without having to have a buffer of 2 bytes!

Admitedly U(S)ARTs are regarded by many as a bit 'old hat' but the hardware is simple and cheap, and these features would be VERY nice for some of us. We can add value AND reduce costs.

Anyway - back to the question, what are the differences between revision B and Z?

[ This message was edited by: bobz on 16-01-2008 18:43 ]

hg-chen
Associate II

How about the difference between revision A and B ,Z?