Associate II
Posted on January 05, 2007 at 06:37

MAC address on STR912

4 REPLIES 4
mehdi239955
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:34

Hi egerosa,

>is possible to have the MAC address already preloaded in OTP by ST?

It is possible to write into the OTP sectors by your self but only one time, so be careful .

Concerning the ethernet peripheral, there is here

http://www.stmcu.com/familiesdocs-101.html

STR91x MAC/DMA Controller (ENET) firmware Library

an interesting application note which describes the driver functions developed for the STR91x MAC/DMA controller (ENET). I hope it will help you.

BRDS

🙂

egerosa
Associate II

I need to use the ethernet peripheral and therefore i must store (reference manual) the MAC address in the 24 to 29 byte of OTP sector.

The datasheet explain that the the 24/29 byte in OTP is loaded automatically in the register ENET_MAH e ENET_MAL at power on but, i've verified, this do not happen.

My questions was:

is possible to have the MAC address already preloaded in OTP by ST ?

why the OTB byte is not transferred to the register ?

mehdi239955
Associate II

Hi egerosa,

>is possible to have the MAC address already preloaded in OTP by ST?

It is possible to write into the OTP sectors by your self but only one time, so be careful .

Concerning the ethernet peripheral, there is here

http://www.stmcu.com/familiesdocs-101.html

STR91x MAC/DMA Controller (ENET) firmware Library

an interesting application note which describes the driver functions developed for the STR91x MAC/DMA controller (ENET). I hope it will help you.

BRDS

🙂

egerosa
Associate II

Thanks for help and sorry for my english.

My problem is also to have a secure numerical value of MAC address without buy it. If ST sell the chip with a preloaded values of MAC address the proble disappear.

For the firmware i've modified a port of FreeRTOS (www.frertos.org) and all work correctly. The only problem is, again, around the MAC address: the example use a MAC address fixed with a define and this obviusly is not a good system. So i need how to retrive the MAC address programmed (by ST or by me) in OTP sector.

Thanks again and best regards.