cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPs error messages - FLASH stopped working?

m_j_butcher
Associate II
Posted on February 19, 2007 at 11:06

CAPs error messages - FLASH stopped working?

3 REPLIES 3
m_j_butcher
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:36

Hi All

Everything was in fact going fine with an STR910 project before suddenly the FLASH doesn't seem to want to work properly any more.

When I use CAPs it successfully deletes the configuration, Bank 0 and Bank 1. It reports that Banks 0 and 1 are blank but that the config block is NON blank (maybe normal).

But when I try to program it gives errors 0103 for config programming and 0603 for FLASH bank programming.

I can communicate with a J-Link debugger but it can't load code. It reads two non-blanked long words at addresses 0x0 and 0x4 but the rest of the bank (don't know which and more) is blank.

Does any one know what the CAPs error codes mean?

Has the FLASH stopped working? How and why??

Any answers welcomed!!

Regards

Mark Butcher

m_j_butcher
Associate II

Update about 15 minutes later.

I decided to have a go with the R-Link from the Ride environment. It said it could successfully erase the FLASH but when downloading it said the chip had signalled an internal error.

So I erased again and downloaded the same (old) software version and the second time it said all was successful!

Back to CAPs and it worked perfectly.

Therefore it has recovered or somehow the RIDE download has breathed new life into the STR910.

At the moment no more problems - I will keep my eye on it....

Regards

Mark

mehdi239955
Associate II

hi mjbcswitzerland,

Keep in mind that RIDE supports the functionality of programming/erasing configuration bits, security bits and OTP just like CAPS.

Consequently, it's possible to configure your flash using Ride in stead of CAPS, however, normally, if CAPS doesn't work with your flash then Ride would not :-] .

in consequence, i think that you didn't use the right configuration of CAPS.:-D

best regards.

MBS 8-)