cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying error when programming a STR911 with IAR for the 2nd time.

markmcwired9
Associate II
Posted on May 06, 2007 at 19:07

Annoying error when programming a STR911 with IAR for the 2nd time.

3 REPLIES 3
markmcwired9
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:42

Hello,

I just got a new annoying error when I try to debug a STR911FM44X6 processor with IAR’s ide for the second time. After I execute an Erase operation with the JTAG programmer, I can download and debug the program, with no errors at all. But, when I attemp to do it a second time, I get this error message:

“Write memory error @ address 0x04001400, word access: Memory access timeout.�

So, I have to unplug the J-Link programming cable, attach it to a FlashLink JTAG programmer that I made, execute an Erase operation, and now I can download the program again… quiet annoying.

Is it a problem with “91x_caps.c� definitions?

Or maybe a “91x_conf.h� declaration ?

Thank you for your help.

Mark

markmcwired9
Associate II

Hi Zouhair,

I downloaded the newest drivers from IAR (http://supp.iar.com/FilesPublic/SUPPORT/002811/JLink_3.68B.zip) and followed all the instruction within the readme file, but with no success. The error message keeps poping up.

I've selected both options to reset the proceesor by hardware in J-Link/Setup. And I've created 3 different workspaces/projects just to be sure I wasn't missing any detail.

The only reason I moved to ARMs was because a needed a faster processor, but after losing so much time trying to solve IAR's ide problems and mysteries, I really miss my Microchip's MPLAB.

Mark

markmcwired9
Associate II

Hi Zouhair,

I did a fresh install in another computer. Now, I only has to use the JTAG programmer once every 5~6 programming cycles to erase the ARM, when the error pops up, which is ok with me. When I use the STR912-SK everything is fine, but when I use the STR911... things get rough.

Is there anything different in the configuration files between these two processors, besides the missing GPIO0,1,7,8,9 ???

Mark.