mvolt
Associate II
Posted on June 27, 2007 at 12:20

Tool for ICD

4 REPLIES 4
mvolt
Associate II
Posted on May 15, 2007 at 16:42

Hello. I would like to introduce ST7 family to my students but we have a very limited budget in this country. I know there are some free (limited) soft tools, but for ICP/ICD hardware could not find any.

Nobody had tried circuit described in ''ICC protocol reference manual'' ??

Any advice is welcomed.

thnx

laurent239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on May 21, 2007 at 10:51

For $29 only (current price) you can get the tools described at below address :

http://mcd.rou.st.com/contentid-32-15-ST7FLIT2_COS_COM.html

Briefly it is a very low cost development tool : ST7Lite2 Real-time Starter Kit.

The starter kit package includes:

• ST7FLITE2 Evaluation board: evaluation board with hardware features (Potentiometer, LEDs and switches on analog and digital I/Os) that allow you to evaluate ST7FLITE2 and ST7FLITE1 microcontroller features. Includes the ST7FLITE2 microcontroller which offers the peripherals, memory and feeaatures that make it possible to develop applications for any ST7LITE2 or ST7LITE1 microcontroller. Also includes RS232 connector and cable for host-PC connection for debugging. Application board is powered by 9V battery.

• Cosmic tool suite: includes Cosmic's IDEA integrated development enviroment, ZAP debugger and CXST7 C Compiler for ST7.

With my best regards

Laurent

[ This message was edited by: laubey on 21-05-2007 14:54 ]

alain2399
Associate II
Posted on May 25, 2007 at 07:35

You can use the Stick which you can easily built as the manufacturing files are available on this web site. Stick is using the parallel port to connect the PC.

Stick hardware is supported by STVP7 for ICP using the ICC protocol.

Support of Stick hardware in STVD7 for ICD using the ICC protocol will be soon available (August release).

[ This message was edited by: Alaini on 15-06-2007 13:55 ]

mvolt
Associate II
Posted on June 27, 2007 at 12:20

Hello everyone, thanks Laurent, thanks Alaini for your replies.

Good News then i think that´s exactly what i was searching for.

Just to be sure, if i build/buy the stick i will be able to do Incircuit debuggin (ICD) not just ICP using free STVD7 package ??.

May be also i can buy ST7FLIT2_COS_COM, $29 it´s a good price, but where i can buy this ? Link you provided does not work.

Thanks again for your time.

Miguel

[ This message was edited by: malinche on 29-06-2007 15:29 ]