Associate II
Posted on January 23, 2007 at 01:05

[noob] project ini files?

5 REPLIES 5
tufantuncer
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 11:51

i dont know exactly, i think same to you, just for the rs0,

for example 8k sram: 0x0000 to 0x1fff ,if yo dont specify this, may be compiler locate your variable out of this range, then your xdata memory will have very high risk. maybe your xdata variables locates on flash memory then, after 100K change, your variables and flash memory will crash(i only guess , please be careful and continue reading ).(my english very bad , i pleased to understand each other)

daniel6
Associate II

i'm new with ST uC.. just converted after spending lots of time with PICs.. anyways i am working with a DK3400 board and a upsd3434e.. i get to compile all the examples fine.. (i use keil compiler).. the problem is this.. whenever i create a new project it doesnt compile and says no OBJ file.. so whenever i would liek to flash (using the keil ULINK) i would just use an ini file from other project and i have notice tht the program flash into it are the ones from those projects.. i've RTFM and i might be blind.. isnt possible writing our programs in the keil compiler without using the PSDsoft? thnx guys..

tufantuncer
Associate II

yes you must use psdsoft with keil, firstly u must use psdsoft psd soft create an ini file, in keil st-upsd ulink settings you must choose this ini file, also you must in keil settings tick to create hex. file and rebuild all targets then load. but there is a lot of details, you must read about keil and psdsoft for programming upsd

http://mcu.st.com/mcu/modules.php?name=mcu&file=familiesdocs&FAM=80

daniel6
Associate II

thnx for replying.. figure tht out.. anyways for those who has the same problem.. i guess u guys hafta check out the psdsoft manual on st.. one more thing target.. in keil there is a target option tab wic says off-chip xdata memory and there are three blanks.. does it mean the xdata mapping i have configured in psdsoft? or just for the rs0?

daniel6
Associate II

ok thnx target.. dnt worry i understand wat u trying to say.. :).. anyways all problems solved.. for those who are having troubles like i did.. these are the steps:

1. do your memory mapping in psdsoft (refer to page 165 to 177 of upsd34xx datasheet for more information)

2. make sure in the merge window u have selected ur project hex file corretly at the correct memory bank

3. make sure the taget options are set correctly in keil(i.e. ur device model)

4. at the debug tab.. under settings.. verify your csiop address and ur project.ini file

5. last but not least edit your upsd3400_hardware.h accordingly especially the :

#define PSD_REG_ADDR 7F00 // <-- edit this according to ur memory mapping

hope this helps others who just started like i did..