Associate II
Posted on February 17, 2007 at 16:56

starting c-cosmic compiler

5 REPLIES 5
bernat_f
Associate II
Posted on February 01, 2007 at 10:02

Hi,

I have been programing during some years with the asembler tool of Indart but after some advices I have decide to prove the C-compiler, buying the idea packet, but like all starts I'm finding lots of problems and now I fell a bit lost.

I have proved to compile the example vumeter.c to assembler using ''cxst7 +mods -s vumter.c'' but it doesn't generates any vumeter.s file, it generaes a vumeter.ls file but I can't use it directly in my STVD7 tool to prove it.

Also the manual talks about a 'ZAP debugger' but I didn't find this programa in my installation package.

What I'm doing wrong?

I don't understang a thing. :-[

luca239955_st
Associate III
Posted on February 02, 2007 at 04:55

Hello,

I suggest you use the compiler together with the stvd7 debugger for ST (I think you can download it from this site): in this way you will get the user interface to manage most of the basic options for you and you will obtain a ''downloadable'' code faster.

As for your question, the compiler procuces an object file; after that you have to use the linker to get an executable. These basic steps are explained in the manual.

Regards,

Luca

bernat_f
Associate II
Posted on February 02, 2007 at 09:31

Thanks,

but after downloading the 'stvd7 debugger for ST' I have seen that this version doesn't support the microcontrollers which I use = st72254 and st72334.

I already have and old version of 'stvd7 debugger for ST' which came with my starter kit, 'stvd 2.5.1' but I don't know how I can use the files generated by cosmic to debug and program with this software.

alain2399
Associate II
Posted on February 15, 2007 at 07:23

ST72254G1/G2 ST72334J2/J4/N2/N4 are support by the lattest release of STVD7 for the following targets: Simulator, EMU2B, DVP2.

Using STVD7 r3.3.3 should really help you building your project for Cosmic C compiler.

bernat_f
Associate II
Posted on February 17, 2007 at 16:56

at the end I get how to use my old version of stvd7 with cosmic compiler, so that I will use it, ths way.

thank you for your help. 🙂