Associate II
Posted on March 12, 2007 at 11:34

UART Interrupt example MCBSTR9

3 REPLIES 3
bhushan_shanthi
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:39

Hi,

I was wondering to know if anybody has a working example of UART with interrupts to work on MCBSTR9 board with Keil compiler. I have tried examples posted on this forum for IAR compiler, I have been unsuccessful to make them work on the MCBSTR9 board, probably due to not setting up the startup file properly.

I am new to this processor and I request you to send a working example of the UART(with interrupts) with a startup file for the MCBSTR9 board.

It would be convenient if you could please provide a link, if any, to a tutorial for configuring the startup file (str91x.s)

Awaiting your kind response.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vasisht.

bhushan_shanthi
Associate II

Hi Zouhair,

Thank you for the quick response and the detailed instructions, I got the receive interrupts working. I uncommented the transmit part in the program you had sent and am seeing garbage characters being transmitted by the MCBSTR9 board. I tried with different baud rates and the same thing happens.

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks again.

Kind Regards,

Vasisht.

bhushan_shanthi
Associate II

Hi Zouhair,

Thank you for the example update and detailed explanation. I got the transmit interrupts working as well with the latest example you have sent.

In the UART configuration (in the example), word length is 7 bits, hence to use this example with hyperterminal, I had to ''check'' Force incoming data to 7-bit ASCII option under ASCII setup -> ASCII Receiving.

Thanks again.

Kind Regards,

Vasisht.