Associate II
Posted on March 26, 2007 at 06:58

IAP Verification failed! when downloading apps via UART

3 REPLIES 3
yuhleon
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:40

Hi all,

I use IAP to download my apps(*.bin) via UART0 , but sometime it will disconnect when transfer the file by Y-Modem protocol. It will happen when I transfer some bin files. The strange thing is that some bin files work fine , but some bin files will be disconnected , and the console will show this message : ''Verification failed!'' .

Does anyone have the same problem ?

najoua
Associate II

Hello yuhleon,

Yes, i think i understood your problem.

Could you please tell me what is the size of the binary files transferred unsuccessfully?

If the size is between 64K and 128K so what you are observing is a normal behavior: this is a bug found recently in the IAP driver.

Please see below for more details:

Problem:

--------

When the file to be loaded in the Flash using IAP has a size <=128Kbytes and >=64Kbytes (the 2 sectors S0 and S1 are needed), there is failure of the download-->this is due to the fact that there is a line missing in the IAP driver corrsponding to the write uprotection of S1.

Solution:

---------

In ymodem.c source file, Ymodem_Receive () routine, after FMI_WriteProtectionCmd(FMI_B0S0, DISABLE), add the following line: FMI_WriteProtectionCmd(FMI_B0S1, DISABLE);

-----

-----

else if (size <= 0x1FFFF)

{

/* Disable S0 and S1 write protection and erase them */

FMI_WriteProtectionCmd(FMI_B0S0, DISABLE);

FMI_WriteProtectionCmd(FMI_B0S1, DISABLE);

------

------

------

Please let me know if this solves your problem.

Best regards,

Najoua.

[ This message was edited by: Najoua on 26-03-2007 10:33 ]

yuhleon
Associate II

Hi Najoua,

My file size is 86.5KB, and I add FMI_WriteProtectionCmd(FMI_B0S1, DISABLE); to ymodem.c . It can work normally !

It's really a little bug of IAP .

Thank you!