Posted on March 26, 2009 at 08:15

FSMC nWAIT

2 REPLIES 2
andya
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:07

Hi All,

STM32F10xxx.

I have a question regarding the configuration/use of the FSMC nWAIT signal. Basically I want to know whether the nWAIT signal can be used in non-burst mode. The reference manual seems to talk about the nWAIT signal during burst mode, but does that mean that this signal is totally inoperable / off-limits during non-burst operations?

The external peripheral I wish to talk to requires the use of asynchronous comms using the nWAIT signal.

Any help appreciated because this has been bugging me for a while.

Cheers All

Andy

jj
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:07

Suspect that this is a ''follow'' to your earlier, TFT question. Like you - we found the manual insufficiently clear/detailed - especially so under multiple usage conditions. (hard for the tech-writers to anticipate/cover everything)

What to do - to unlock this mystery & others? Reports here may be anecdotal - and may not cover your exact mode of operation. We've started to design an ''STM Analyzer'' - consisting of basic STM32 & hi-speed CPLD - which enables programmable pulse/pulse-train at rates beyond the capabilities of the micro.

Perhaps you can implement such a design and gain the understanding & mastery you seek - for this issue & those of the future.