ar
Associate II
Posted on June 04, 2007 at 13:33

ST7 Ulite Programming tool

3 REPLIES 3
ar
Associate II
Posted on June 04, 2007 at 06:05

Hello, can some body tell me wich hardware tool for debug and programm, can work with ST7LITE US5?.

I have a Raisonaice RLINK but it doesnt work, I'm trayng to work with Rlink for more than 3 weeks, but not, also I have not solution from Raisonaise people or ST about this problem, and I need to work in this now.

Thanks

laurent239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on June 04, 2007 at 12:49

Hello Iris,

We didn't forget you on this issue and one of my colleagues investigate on your point. Our main issue was to get the eval board, because ST is a big company with many teams around the world, we have not all the eval board at our desk. Here below is his answer :

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

sorry for the delay but i've received the board today (STEVAL-ILL004V2).

I soldered 2 wires to provide 5V power supply (No 220V).

One on T1 (VCC) and one on strap (VSS) under the word ''Button'' on PCB

connecting ICC pins 1-3-5 to P1.

The configuration is: jumpers J3, J1 and J4 (Not J2, Not J5)

S2 control by Button.

Then, i can read option bytes(0xF4,0x28) and the flash without any problem.

Can you please make the same thing?

It is not difficult to do and it will reduce the focus to find the problem.

Thank you

Best regards

Pascal

---------------------------------------------------------------------

From my side i experienced to work with the ST7ultralite and Rlink and I worked successfully.

Hope this will help you.

Best regards

Laurent

vincentchoplin9
Associate II
Posted on June 04, 2007 at 13:33

Hi,

I saw on the Raisonance forum that you already tested to power the board with an external 5V, and that it failed. Since the exact same manipulation works at ST, it very probably means that something is damaged.

I saw this in the board's doc (page 3, and the schematic shows it too):

''Warning: (...) Certain precautions have to be taken during emulation to avoid damaging development tools.''

Did you ever plug RLink to the board while powering it from MAINS?

If yes, what precautions did you take?

If you plugged it without precautions, even just one time, then very probably something was damaged. It could be the RLink, even if the USB still works, because you could have burned some IOs but not the rest of the device. But it could be something on the board.

So now our next step is to find out what is damaged. Do you have other ST7 boards to test your RLink? (any ST7 will do, not only UltraLite) If not, but if you have some spare ST7s, then you can easily make one on any wrapping board. You just need the power, reset and ICC signals.

We are trying to contact the person who designed the board, but as Laurent said, ST is a big company, so this might take a little time...

Best Regards,

Vincent (Raisonance)