Associate II
Posted on June 04, 2007 at 14:22

comStick build demo application?

3 REPLIES 3
reuterr
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:43

Hello,

I tried to build under Win XP the demo application of the comStick STR9 (web server) in order to make sure that I can change the source code.

Unfortunately in the ''build output'' windows I got the message from the linker:

..arm-harm-hitex-elf-ld: cannot find -lgcc itex-elf/lib/libc.a)readr.o

and no demo.elf file was build.

By the way, I could not copy the message from the output window via clipboard (win XP) to the Email client.

Has anybody already successfully build the demo application and downloaded to the comStick?

Greeting, Rudi

mehdi239955
Associate II

Hi Rudi48,

i tried the demo comStick (web server) and no such error is shown. 8-)

Could you please attach the map file (it could be helpful ;)),you'll find it in ..Demo\Objects.

I'm expecting a problem in GCC installation (reinstall Hitop comStick and try again )

Regards,

MBS

reuterr
Associate II

🙂 Hello MBS,

Thank you for your help. Hitex was already so kind to help me. In the ''settings'' folder of the project is a file ''HEAD.ld''. It contains the path to the libraries. Unfortunately drive ''C'' was hardcoded. By changing it to ''E'' (my windows drive) everything works as expected.

By the way, text from the output window can be copied to the clipboard by marking it with the mouse, then click the right mouse button, and select ''copy'' in the context menu. It is very easy, once you know.

Best regards, Rudolf