Associate II
Posted on June 29, 2007 at 06:07

First Prototype Development for STR750F chip

2 REPLIES 2
montesns
Associate II
Posted on June 27, 2007 at 04:23

Hi again everyone,

I've been developing a system using the STR750-SK board from IAR systems. It is great by the way. Now that I'm done with the software, I want to move to the hardware. I have three quick questions regarding a first prototype I want to build using the STR750F chip.

1) The STR750F chip I'm using is a 64 pin surface mount chip. I've used PLCC to DIP converters in the past, but for this chip they are quite expensive. Are there any DIP STR750 modules I buy?

2) Are there any flashing boards I can get for the STR750F chip. I have the J-Link J-Tag, but now that software has been developed I need to flash it on some microcontrollers.

3) Finally, does anyone know of any good webpages I can refer to, to learn about how embedded systems are mass produced, from the software development to the final product. What third party companies con provide this service, etc.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice.

CARLOS

jgoril
Associate II
Posted on June 29, 2007 at 06:07

Hello.

1) There are only QFP and BGA packages available for STR75x family. Why do you prefer through-hole technology?

2) Take a look at www.elnec.com. Our BeeProg+ is able to program all STR7xx families off-board (using QFP to DIL ZIF adapters) as well as on-board (using JTAG, no bootloader pre-programming is needed). It can be aslo useful for your mass-production.