Associate II
Posted on August 20, 2007 at 11:35

Strange Flashing problems with ST10F276

2 REPLIES 2
bramprak
Associate II
Posted on July 30, 2007 at 13:16

hi all,

i use st10f276 for my application and i face some issues while flashing in iflash.

my application is re-programming module, used to reflash the entire application. the data is sent from an external module which is ati vision hub, which will send the whole application through can message. the whole communication between the ati vision & the target board is controlled by ccp protocol.

my application as two sections of code,

code-1 starts from 0x20000 till 0x3ffff

code-2 starts from 0x48000 till 0x4fff0

i have to erase & flash either of the section first and the other section second.

if i try to flash the code-1 first & try to flash the code-2, the operation is sucessful. but if try to flash the code-2 first, the flashing operation fails.

i feel that erasing & flashing the lower region first & doing the same with the other section seems to be success. but flashing the higher region first seems to be failure.

i checked the flash error registor (fer). both the sections are erased sucessfully in any order. but trying to write the code-2 first prooves to be failure. the value of the fer is 0x90, which makes the write protection flag (wpf) set. iam very curious why this bit is set as all other earlier operations were successful.

i wish anybody having any idea, queries about this issue could help me in this regard.

thanks & regards,

Ramprakash.

[ This message was edited by: prakash2104 on 01-08-2007 08:21 ]

bramprak
Associate II
Posted on August 20, 2007 at 11:35

Dear N,

Thanks for the reply. In my problem, one of the code-2 segment cannot be flashed, while other code-1 is flashed without any problem. The flash routines are common for both.

If temporary unprotection should be applied for flashing, then it should be done for both the code-1 & code-2. But in my case code-1 is flashed without any problem, while code-2 does not.

Does trying to write from middle of a memory sector will cause prolem?. Because code-2 starts somewhere in the middle of the sector (0x48000).

thanks & regards,

Ramprakash