Associate II
Posted on September 19, 2007 at 05:25

7FMC2S5T6

8 REPLIES 8
kaidokert
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:14

hello,

i posted this once already but i didnt see it appearing ..

so 7FMC2S5T6, i have got this chip on my STEVAL-IHM001V board, and i have got RLink programmer dongle. However, recent versions of ST7 VD do not support this chip ( they do support S4T6 and S6T6 )

How do i program it ? And where do i find the chip manuals ?

thanks

-kert

gaetano
Associate II

Hi,

for programming the micro S5T6, you can select S4T6 as well.

For the chip manual, you can download it at the following link:

http://www.stmcu.com/modules.php?name=mcu&file=familiesdocs&fam=15

Best regards,

Tanio

kaidokert
Associate II

I tried to select the S4T6 and S4T6 of course, but VD said someting like ''incorrect chip selected'' ( i can post the exact error message later, not at my workbench right now )

i also tried some older versions of St7 toolkit that i could still download, but they did not support that chip either, and even older versions did not have support for RLink at all.

Any other ideas ?

gaetano
Associate II

Hi Kert,

I did some tests.

As hardware programming tool, I used Rlink dongle ver. 2.10 and Visual Programmer ver. 2.0.5. (the latest one downloadable by ST site).

Well, both using S4T6 and S6T6 with a S5T6 chip I never got any troubles.

Indeed, by using STVD7 integrated ''Light Programmer'' I got error message, but not related to the chip selection.

My advise is to make the same steps I did, just to check if your hardware is working correctly.

Regards,

Tanio

kaidokert
Associate II

hmm. it worked now. I uninstalled everything, installed the latest ST7 toolset again and manually removed and then reinstalled the RLink driver as well.

After that, i could blank the chip with VP.

However, after downloading the prebuilt pmac_cosmic.s19 the board does not start up with blinkin green led anymore for some reason. After i will get my Cosmic compiler licence, i will rebuild myself and try again.

So there is no way to debug with Rlink and the S5 chip ?

gaetano
Associate II

Hello,

about the problems you are experiencing with the downloaded firmware, I kindly invite you to make all the checks following the instructions given in the User manual. Moreover, are you sure that the Option Byte has been properly set?

Regarding the second question: I don't see any problem or limitation to use Rlink for debugging purposes with S5T6 (by choosing for instance S4T6 in the MCU selection list); the only problem I had is to estabilish a correct communication link using Rlink and ST7VD IDE (instead, it works perfectly with STVP!).

If your attempts will produce the same problems of mines, I suggest to post in ST7 forum for having more chance to get support.

At the same time, I will let you know for any successfull results from my side.

Best regards,

Tanio

[ This message was edited by: tanio on 04-09-2007 15:45 ]

kaidokert
Associate II

I finally got two things done ( was busy with other projects meanwhile )

I wrote a LED-blinking assembler code for the board, and got this to work first.

I can download the code with STVD light programmer or STVP. However, ICD debugging still fails ( I am getting this message:

Opening application c:\prog\stm\Release\ledflasher.s19...

-> failed to download application: error: [41007]: download error: embedded algo failed )

After that, i took the PMAC sample, modified the C code so that it includes the correct chip regs file in config.h, and modified the main code so that it starts blinking LEDs right after PORTS_Init.

This also finally started to work, then i commented this out and now the board seems to behave as its ready to start the motor: ive got blinking green LED at powerup, solid LED in idle, and after i press the start button it goes RED, because i dont currently have the motor connected.

What caused headache, was the fact that RLink does not release the chip from RESET, even after the mainboard 15V powersupply is disconnected. So i downloaded the code, reset the power and nothing happened.

So next step: i will connect the motor.

What about debugging, is this possible somehow or not ?

gaetano
Associate II

Hi Kert,

unfortunately, for my daily apply development using ST7MC MC library I used only STX-Indart (Softec microsystem) dongle and never R-Link (as the ST7MC Starter Kit was delivered with that dongle). Given that, I cannot help you on the troubles you are experiencing with ICD debugging and R-Link dongle. Again, I kindly suggest you to give a look also on ST7 forum (if not done yet).

By the way, if I should have the possibility to make some trials with similar system of yours, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Tanio