Associate II
Posted on September 26, 2007 at 12:59

Problem with USB example

7 REPLIES 7
lineatessile
Associate II
Posted on September 19, 2007 at 09:05

Hi All,

I work with STDV750F Evaluation Board of Embest and I have problem with the execution of USB mouse example.

During the execution I can see only the message ''USB DEMO'' on the LCD display but the mouse doesn't move.

With Debug I have found that the code loop forever at line

while (pInfo->Current_Configuration == 0) NOP_Process();

in function: void MOUSE_init() in usb_prop.c file.

I attached the project and the file of debug value of Current_configuration that is 0.

Coud you help me please?

Thanks

Attachments :

Error.pdf : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HtOn&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000aPS%2FOLRnHs3tEek2mzTX7I2ZPYvD.ju183vdS3bDvGV7zFM&asPdf=false

Esercizio_MOUSE_19-09-07.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HtOs&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000aPU%2FSPsqlksQFvmL7oDoBYirDazNp3X1DTnRLXLTmfkEJu0&asPdf=false
cosmapa
Associate II
Posted on September 19, 2007 at 13:18

There are a few similar posts on this forum about people having problems with the USB demos. I have posted a few about the Virtual Com port application hanging at the same place as yours.

However, I was able to run the USB Joystick demo on a IAR STR711 kit. In my case, the joystick demo would also hang at that location until the USB cable is plugged in. If the cable is plugged in when you start the demo, the application will hang. You need to start with the cable unplug and then plug the cable.

lineatessile
Associate II
Posted on September 19, 2007 at 13:55

I tested your solution but it doesn't work yet!

I don't know what to do!!!

mohamed23
Associate II
Posted on September 19, 2007 at 14:57

Dear Int,

It seems that You are using a very old & early USB library. Please refer to last STR7/9 USB developer Kit from ST where you can find the USB demo firmwares.

Regards,

Rave.

lineatessile
Associate II
Posted on September 20, 2007 at 15:13

I tested the same USB demo example with the Software Embest IDE and it's all ok.

The download of the same .bin file with Crossconnect lite jtag in Crossworks it'also ok,

but when I create a New Project in Crossworks to use the USB Demo, the download is done but the mouse doesn't work!

So, I think that the problem is probably do to a configuration in software crossworks that I ignore

cosmapa
Associate II
Posted on September 24, 2007 at 06:17

I had a similar problem with the Virtual Com Port demo using the IAR workbench on a STR711 board.

The program was hanging the same way at the same location.

The problem was a wrong PLL configuration in the hw-config.c file. See my post on the USB forum.

kaouther
Associate II
Posted on September 26, 2007 at 12:59

Hello,

I want to clarify the PLL configuration in the hw-config.c file which is not wrong but it depends on the hardware used. At the first, the USB developer kit was built for the STR710-EVAL board from ST as you can find it in the user manual but it is possible to make all demos working on other hardware by just tailoring the ''hw_config.c'' file which configures the system clock. The hardware configuration interface is managed by the two files hw_config.c and hw_config.h.

On STR710 eval board, the main oscillator is 16MHz but on IAR STR711 board it is 4MHz. So the clock & PLL configuration will be different and it will depend on the input clock. That's why it the demo is not working on IAR STR711 board.

Thanks.

[ This message was edited by: coucou on 28-09-2007 16:30 ]