newsamo
Associate II
Posted on January 14, 2008 at 10:17

Read Write st10 via serial

3 REPLIES 3
newsamo
Associate II
Posted on January 13, 2008 at 16:34

Hello...has someone idea how to read write with serial interface all internal flash of st10 micro?

In order...is necessary to load a 32kb boot code or st10 has already in-chip protocol to read write full flash?

[ This message was edited by: newsamo on 13-01-2008 21:13 ]

najoua
Associate II
Posted on January 14, 2008 at 10:06

Hello newsamo,

Yes, of course, you can read from and write to the ST10 Flash using serial interface (UART).

Are you looking for a utility? If yes, you can use the ST10Flasher tool available on the following link:

http://www.st.com/mcu/familiesdocs-17.html

at the bottom of the web page.

There is a Bootstrap mode (BSL) available on the ST10. In order to enter BSL mode, P0L.4 should be sampled low on hardware reset.

When this mode is selected, the ST10 will be waiting for 00 byte ( 1 start bit , eight '0' and 1 stop bit) from the ASC0 interface. From the duration of this zero byte it calculates the corresponding Baud rate factor with respect to the current CPU clock, initializes the serial interface ASC0 accordingly and sends an acknowledge bye to the host.

Then, the ST10 will be waiting to receive exactly 32 bytes from the ASC interface. These bytes are stored in the addresse range 0xFA40-0xFA60.

When the 32 bytes are received, the ST10 jumps to the location and 0xFA40 and starts excecuting these bytes.

Generally, the user application exceeds 32 bytes. So, the first 32 bytes received from the ASC0 may download more code to program the user application in the internal or external flash.

For more details, please refer to the following forum discussion:

http://www.st.com/mcu/forums-cat-4588-5.html

I hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Najoua.

newsamo
Associate II
Posted on January 14, 2008 at 10:17

Visual basic

I'm using st10flasher.dll to write my-own flasher tool

All connection are ok and st10flasher.exe load OK

But if i call in vb

MsgBox (SetCom(COM1, 9600))

it answer 0...(not successfull)

Why? is something wrong ic function call?