Associate II
Posted on August 11, 2008 at 17:18

STM32 libraries implementation

2 REPLIES 2
jj
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:41

I use a competing toolset but offer this to assist:

The code and support files are always newest @ ST's site - until the tool vendor updates! Then - depending upon the degree/depth of update - you may encounter ''previous working code'' failure.

Assume that you have some Eval board - also new to you. Suggest that you retain the original code examples (which came with your board/kit) and try to get working FIRST using these. In this way you can eliminate the headache of ''maximum randomness'' - brought about by new hardware, software and tools. Advise you to place all of this ''Tool-Set supplied'' code in an isolated, clearly marked directory.

Once you've got this code and related file-set working you can move on to newer code/support files - and hope that your toolset still works. To further complicate matters - you state that older libraries were supplied -and this at least suggests that your tool-set may not be the newest either. Again - some toolset changes will not work directly with your code or support files.

Stay with smallest, simplest test programs (i.e. blinky) until you've gained experience/mastery of your toolset and board. Good luck.

trevor3
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:41

I am new to the STM32 device and need some help with the ST libraries.

I am using the Keil realview MDK which has older ST libraries built in. I have downloaded the latest libraries from ST and unzipped them into 'src' and 'inc' folders. My question is, should I replace the .h files found in C:\Keil\ARM\INC\ST\STM32F10x with the new .h files in my 'inc' folder and should i replace the .c files found in C:\Keil\ARM\RV31\LIB\ST\STM32F10x with my new files in my 'src' folder. I would like to use the examples provided with the libaries from ST.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated