matt2
Associate II
Posted on September 19, 2007 at 21:37

RLink and STR712F2 problem

1 REPLY 1
matt2
Associate II
Posted on September 19, 2007 at 21:37

I'm having trouble programming and executing code on the STR712. I have the Olimex STR-P712 development board because I thought it would be an inexpensive way to familiarize myself with the chip before we have the final boards available to us. Unfortunately, the boot pin is grounded, so there's no easy way to boot into ram mode and try debugging. I can add a jumper and pushbutton if I need to, but I don't think that's really the base of my problem.

I'm using the RLink and the RFlahser utility to load hex code into the chip's flash memory, but none of the example programs that came with the RLink seem to run on the board. They load OK, and I can erase flash, verify the program, etc, but when I restart the board it doesn't respond the way it should. For example, the UART example doesn't reply or output anything over the serial port; the GPIO example doesn't toggle the pins, etc.

I know it's not the best idea to be mixing development tools from different manufacturers, but my boss didn't want to spend the money on the mother and daugher boards from Raisonance.

I posted this question on Raisonance's forum, so I'm sorry if you read through this twice; I figured the more posts I got out there the better chance I had of getting some help.

Thanks for reading, and double thanks for any advice,

Matt