Associate II
Posted on September 26, 2007 at 07:00

ST7VD with Rlink and ST7FMC2S4 processor

3 REPLIES 3
rschade
Associate II
Posted on September 24, 2007 at 11:10

Dear community,

I have an application for the microcontroller ''ST7FMC2S4'', compile my program with ''Cosmic'' compiler and then program the object code either with the ''STICK'' programmer or with ''Rlink'' into the processor on my application board. This constellation works very good.

Now I want to debug my program with the (new) ''Rlink'' debugging tool under ''ST7VD'' (Version 3.4.0). Allways when I want to start the Debug-Session I get the popup-message:

-> Emulator reset (usb://usb)...

** Connection error (usb://usb): [41022]: icc communication error: check mcu selection, clock, power supply, icc connection and icc signals voltage.

Is it not possible to debug this microcontroller with the Rlink device, or is there any error in my handling, or what is the problem. Thanks for answers,

Hilde

rschade
Associate II
Posted on September 25, 2007 at 07:10

Has nobody experience with ''Rlink'' as debugger together with ''ST7VD'' ?

Why does the programming work with the ''Rlink'', and the debugging gives the error message ?

Nobody an idea ?

Have a nice day,

Hilde

rschade
Associate II
Posted on September 26, 2007 at 07:00

Dear SCo,

thanks for answer. The ''Debug Instrument Selection:'' is ''lcd Rlink''

and the ''Target Port Selection:'' is ''usb://usb''.

Programming the ''...s19'' file into the hardware works fine with the Rlink using the ''Light Programmer'' from the ST7VD-menu ''Tools''.

But when I try to start debugging with ''Start Debugging'' from the menu ''Debug'' I get the following messages in the output window:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Starting debug session...

-> Emulator reset (usb://usb)...

done.

Opening application d:\ST7_VD\Debug\st7_vd.elf...

-> failed to download application: error: [41022]: icc communication error: check mcu selection, clock, power supply, icc connection and icc signals voltage.

Application closed.

Debug session closed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have no idea what to do.

:-[