Posted on December 20, 2007 at 10:13

STM32 and ULINK

4 REPLIES 4
frank5
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:19

Hi,

I am trying to connect to a STM32 development board with

a Keil ULINK (not ULINK2), and I can't connect.

Can someone please confirm that he has connected his ULINK jtag

to a STM32?

Thanks,

Frank

ericengler9
Associate II

Can anyone answer this? This is also a concern to me. I have an older Ulink and the Keil IDE and I want to know if this works before I buy the dev board.

Eric

16-32micros
Associate III

Dear englere,jeepman,

Normally it should work using JTAG only and not Serial Wire Debug and may be some debug features are limited. The best way to get the right answer is to contact directly www.keil.com and provide them your ULINK serial number and revision to check it first.

STM32 Keil Starter Kits are with a new compact Ulink-Me not expensive you can order them from ST Web site/distributors or from Keil directly :

http://www.keil.com/pr/article/1127.htm

😉 Thank you.

[ This message was edited by: STOne-32 on 20-12-2007 14:43 ]

Bob Boys
Senior
Posted on March 04, 2018 at 08:26

WOW !  This is a very old question that appears to keep popping up...

So in case anyone is wondering: I will answer it.

There was the original ULINK - before ULINK2 - it was not called ULINK1 - just ULINK.

It looks like this is what this fellow had.  If he called Keil Tech Support - he would have been informed.

This has not been supported by Keil MDK for many years.

Keil uVision currently supports ULINK2, ULINK-ME, ULINKpro, ULINKplus, Segger J-Link, J-Trace, and any CMSIS-DAP (there are many out there under various brand names) and of course ST ST-Link V2.  There are a few more proprietary adapters supported too.

The original ST-Link did not support Serial Wire Viewer.  I have not seen one of these for many years.,  Time really flies....

Thanks

Bob Boys

Arm/Keil

California