Associate II
Posted on May 09, 2008 at 15:53

Power STOP mode

5 REPLIES 5
amano_ginji_39
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:25

Hi,

When the micro is in STOP mode : consumption = 1.56mA.

When it is in STANDBY mode : consumption = 6uA.

On my test board, I have only micro STM32F103 and a 32.768Khz Quartz.

It's a ARM rev Z.

The test program is in attached file.

In stanby mode the consumption is ok, but in stop mode , it's not the 24uA in Datasheet.

Thank.

[ This message was edited by: boubou on 26-02-2008 16:10 ]

gdp123a
Associate II

I too have a simple target board (48 pin STM32F101C8 with 32KHz crystal).

In Standby mode I get a very stable 3uA (if I run my finger around the pins of the micro the current doesn't vary).

In Stop mode I get 14uA (regulator in low power mode).

The only things I can suggest (from my experience) is:

- have all unused IO pins in out mode (push-pull), usually I set outputs low. Floating inputs will draw varying amounts of current (try touching the pins - but make sure you are not charged up with static first).

- remove any connected JTAG device (it still draws current even when not connected to the PC). Since the JTAG pins already have pull-ups and pull-downs you don't have to reconfigure them.

- on my board I don't have NRST and JNRST connected, I notice the evaluation board I bought from IAR have these pins connected (not sure if it results in any difference in current consumption though)

Greg

amano_ginji_39
Associate II

Thnak greg but I have allready fix the IO in the correct states and I measure the current without the jtag.

If I add RCC_APB1(SRAM | FLIFT , DISABLE); the comsumption is 25uA. Is there a problem with STM32 library (PWR_STOPMode is not good define) or a bad example gived by ST or another problem with the micro.

Thanks.

PS :I have found this command line in the low power example (Keil version) but not in Ride or STLib example

gdp123a
Associate II

I've attached a cut-down version of the program I've been using for testing power consumption (no guarantees that it's perfect). It spends 20 seconds in SLEEP, STOP and STANDBY. Hopefully it will run on your system as well.

Greg

john
Associate II

Hi boubou,

I've tried your cut down low power testing program, but I just can't

get it to work.

Any chance you could double-check it - add any defines/header files

needed...

Thanks,

John.