Associate II
Posted on January 09, 2008 at 07:31

Exit from Standby Mode

4 REPLIES 4
mj
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:20

Hello,

i would like to know if to wake up the SMT32 from Standby mode, I can configure by software any other pin, apart from Reset, Tamper and WKUP pins (I/O pins are high impedance). I am using a membrane keyboard, that's why I need 2 pins.

I have found something on RM0008 (6.2.3. Wakeup event management), but I'm not sure.

Thank you.

gil2
Associate II

It can only be woken up by a rising edge on PA.0 (WKUP pin), but mine does not wake up.

Currently do it like this:

// Peripheral Clock - This is done in the init function, but I did it again here

RCC_APB1PeriphClockCmd(RCC_APB1Periph_PWR,ENABLE);

// Enable WKUP pin

PWR_WakeUpPinCmd(ENABLE);

// Insert a delay  - I have also tried without this delay

Delay(0xFFFF);   // for(; nCount != 0; nCount--);

// Request to enter STANDBY mode and wake up with rising edge of WKUP pin  

PWR_EnterSTANDBYMode();

while(1)  

{  

// Infinite loop - It's OK because the system will reset anyways  

}  

The unit does not wake up (reset).  I've tried with both the JTAG connected and not connected.

Port PA.0 (WKUP pin) has a pull-down resistor, leading to a momentary switch, with Vcc on the other side of the switch, which should be enought to generate the required rising edge when the button is pressed.

Any ideas?

Hello,

i would like to know if to wake up the SMT32 from Standby mode, I can configure by software any other pin, apart from Reset, Tamper and WKUP pins (I/O pins are high impedance). I am using a membrane keyboard, that's why I need 2 pins.

I have found something on RM0008 (6.2.3. Wakeup event management), but I'm not sure.

Thank you.

Try not cross posting to 4 threads.

And take a look at STM32F10xFWLib\Examples\PWR\STANDBY\main.c which should be in Keil and IAR tool chains.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
gil2
Associate II

Thank you.  And sorry about the cross posting.

Gil