Associate II
Posted on June 18, 2008 at 08:26

STM8 ready / status

3 REPLIES 3
2deutz
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 15:01

Hello Alexander,

What is the current status of the STM8 family?

When can we expect updated documentation?

Where can I find errata information.

When will there be stock at DIGIKEY?

Can I get samples?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I somehow get the feeling the STM8 isn't altogether ready yet.

For instance.

Will the STM8 be added to the main MCU selection chart at the ST web site?

Or does it stay hidden under the automotive link.

Regards.

alexanderczajor9
Associate II

Hello 2deutz,

you are posting in the STM8A forum, the ''A'' in the salestype standing for automotive. In fact we have decided to go to the automotive market first with this product, but the other markets will follow quickly.

The fact that the device is ''hidden'' under automotive will be remedied soon by

- the official announcement for other markets

- improvement of the web site

The product is currently in production in its first version, but restricted to a certain customer base. It is not yet largely available in distribtion. Check the website regularly for new documentation. I will inform you once the boot-ROM doc is updated. We will issue a bunch of application notes shortly.

Errata information is available together with samples (even though the list is very short).

Let me know if you would like to get further assistance by our local sales offices in the US. They could provide you with early samples if required.

Best Regards

Alexander

alexanderczajor9
Associate II

An update is available. By browsing to the product selector of the STM8A, and clicking on the text symbol you will be linked to a product page with plenty of information (related application notes, manuals etc.).

Best Regards

Alexander