Associate II
Posted on September 04, 2009 at 06:12

Assembler programming the STM8S207xx

5 REPLIES 5
2deutz
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 15:04

Hi,

Can the STM8S207xx be programmed in assembler entirely?

Regards Ed.

2deutz
Associate II

Thank you EtaPhi,

Sorry EtaPhi Later on I realized that my question did not make sense.

In the end It's all assembly/machine code. What I meant was.

Does one have to put in extra assembly code to circumvent or bypass any weaknesses or flaws the hardware may have (something a C compiler may do without us knowing) or can one write straightforward assembly code?

Regards Ed.

fggnrc
Associate II

Hello 2deutz.

I'm developing my application in entirely assembler with STVD.

The tools (I mean, the assembler-linker, the debugger, ...) work, but there are some limitations.

For instance, the simulation isn't good as the ST7 one and there is few documentation. The development is therefore slower...

Regards

EtaPhi

luca239955_st
Associate III

Quote:

Does one have to put in extra assembly code to circumvent or bypass any weaknesses or flaws the hardware may have (something a C compiler may do without us knowing) or can one write straightforward assembly code?

I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but most stm8 applications, as far as I can see, are written 100% in C.

2deutz
Associate II

Hello _luca,

I want to know if it is possible to program the STM8S207xx in 100% assembly language. If so, doe you have to put in extra code to circumvent hardware flaws in the STM8S207xx chips. I mean how good are these STM8S207xx chips are they error free? I have seen the errata for the STM8S207xx but are these flaws still present in the newer than X revision of the STM8S207xx chips?

Regards Ed.