Associate II
Posted on January 03, 2008 at 18:18

MP3 player problem

8 REPLIES 8
nafaazayen
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:48

Hi all,

The IAR Embedded Workbench Demo code includes an MP3 player, when I try to run this code in my STR912 with SD card on board, I always have a same message in the LCD “Can’t find MP3 module�?.

My SD card contains 3 MP3 songs.

Can you tell me why and help me to solve this issue.

Thanks a lot.

16-32micros
Associate III

Dear Nafaazayen,

In the STR912-SK IAR Starter-Kit you have to purchase the MP3 Module board that should be plugged to EXT Connector to be able to run MP3 with IAR PowerPac Software (www.iar.com). I beleive that this a Hardware Codec connected to STR9 through SPI. However you may find on internet some free and Open MP3 stacks like on

http://helixcommunity.org/developers/

To be ported to STR9 if you are interested ( you must have also a free and Open File system to be able to recognize the mp3 files in the SD card like EFSL for example

Hope this helps you 😉

[ This message was edited by: STOne-32 on 26-11-2007 21:14 ]

nafaazayen
Associate II

Dear STOne-32

Thanks for your reply.

Currently, I seek a MP3 player stand-alone for STR912 board but without success.

Could anybody give me a hint on where to find the mp3 decoder?

Thanks a lot. 🙂

zouhair
Associate II

Hi Nafaazayen,

The project is compatible with the IAR STR912-SK evaluation board and MOD-MP3

module and there are some configurations you need to setup them. For more information please refer to readme file of this application.

Rgds,

Zouhair

zouhair
Associate II

it's available under IAR installation folder :

C:\Program Files\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 4.0\arm\examples\ST\STR91x\STR912-SK-IAR\MP3_player

Rgds

nafaazayen
Associate II

Hi zouhair.aouaini,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you give me the link to download this project

Regards,

Nafaa

martindavey9
Associate II

We have a reference design based on the Helix MP3 source code. I used the open source efsl filesystem routines for the SD card, and we have used a BU9480F Rohm I2S DAC (16-bit). We use a trick with the SPI and timer to make the STR9 do I2S using the DMA controller.

However, be aware that you will have to purchase a licence from Thompson for MP3. If you use the STA013 ST hardware decoder royalties are already paid for.

Tried ogg vorbis (Royalty free, open source, Tremor project), not quite got it optimised enough yet... but hopefully soon.

Martin.

16-32micros
Associate III

Dear martin,

I'm very interested by your Reference Design, Could You please share it with us, or provide me a link to test it on my STR9 board. Thank you.

STOne-32