james239955_stm1_st
Associate II
Posted on February 19, 2008 at 10:14

Raisonance & IAR programming problem

4 REPLIES 4
james239955_stm1_st
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:23

Hi, I am using the Raisonance R-Link (with Ride7) and IAR J-Link (with IAR compiler) programmer with the STM3210B-EVAL and STM32-SK dev boards. Now I am having problems programming with either, I get ''Cannot read IdCode'' when using Ride7 and a similar message using the IAR compiler. It seems to be an issue when swapping the J-Link for the R-Link, I can't quite put my finger on what is happening, anyone else had problems using both...?

smart
Associate II

I never used the Raisonance R-Link. But to get rid of your problem ''Cannot read IdCode'' you can use ST flashloader to erase all flash and start from beginning.

http://www.st.com/mcu/modules.php?name=mcu&file=familiesdocs&fam=110&doc=21

dhandzic
Associate II

Make sure that the generated hexcode starts at the correct address for the flash. I had problems with RIDE7 too, which does not verify a programming operation. In my case CrossWorks generated a hexfile starting at 0x00000000 (this problem is fixed in the latest CrossWorks STM32 support package) and a programming attempt with RLINK seemed to be succesfully according RIDE7 messages even though the code was written to an address where no FLASH exists.

jilisegiar
Associate II

It seems that the CPU is in low power mode and in this case the Jlink or RLink cannot communicate with the chip for erasing the flash.

To recover from this problem:

1) Change the boot mode to RAM using the BOOT0 and BOOT1 pins

2) Reset the device.

3) Erase Flash (for RIDE)or load any example for IAR