Associate II
Posted on December 19, 2008 at 06:39

IAP Bootloader and application in one hex file

7 REPLIES 7
jaroslaw2
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:50

Hi,

Is it possible to generate one hex file that contains IAP bootloader and application. Now I have two separate projects, one for IAP and one for application. I am using STM32F103ZET6, RIDE 7, Rlink-STX.

best reg,

J.O.

trevor1
Associate II

I do this by programming a board with bootloader and application and then using the ST flash loader to copy (upload) the entire flash contents. I use a bin file but I think you can also produce a hex file.

Regards

Trevor

jaroslaw2
Associate II

Thanks very clever 🙂

What do you think, is it possible to create one big project with program and bootloader?

st3
Associate II

Yes, according to Raisonance, it should be possible - see:

http://www.raisonance.com/Forum/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=2568

I didn't manage to get it to work with both source applications inside one project - I just got as far as having the main project, and the bootloader application as an ''auxiliary''

malfieri9
Associate II

How can i reuse some functions that i put inside IAP portion and recall them from my application?

I'm using IAR workbench.

Thanks for any help

malfieri9
Associate II

With IAR Workbench you can put all in a single file by using --image_input linker option.

Regards

I had to do this recently, combine 3 different bin files and program them. I use CrossStudio, so I used it to make bin files for each project and wrote a little bash script to combine them into one file before programming. It took 10 minutes and works perfectly. PM/email me if you'd like a hand with something like that.