Posted on December 04, 2007 at 07:38

Problem is using STR710 Bootloader

1 REPLY 1
iqbal
Associate
Posted on December 04, 2007 at 07:38

Hello,

I have a question for you. 🙂

I am using STR710 Z2T6. The IDE including Compiler and linker, which I am using is IDEaliST. Whereas the application is for traffic control. It was working fine. Code was written by some other guy. When I tried to download the same working code using Bluetooth, It stucked. I guess, it might be because of I used wrong rom file (and the new code overwritten bootloader).

Then I have to make a JTAG interface (Wigggler compatible board by Anglia). Now after fully erasing the FLASH, when I download the original s19/bin file of bootloader in flash of STR710, it shows unpredictable behaviour. After programming FLASH, when I restart the board, after a couple of minutes (2-3 min), the status LEDs on the board (GSM,Bluetooth, Heratbeat etc) becomes ON and then the board is stucked. Even resetting the board, does not turn these status LEDs OFF. Please remember I have NOT yet downloaded code of my application into FLASH. This was result of just downloading bootloader in STR710. I changed the board, but it did not help. Do not know what mistake, I am making. :( Because the on/off status LEDs of the board should have nothing to do with the bootloader.

Just to clarify, setting of my Bootloader rom71x file are:

CODE (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x40000000, LENGTH = 0x00004000

DATA (rw) : ORIGIN = 0x20000000, LENGTH = 0x00003000

Any clue, what to check? Please do not hesitate to ask me if you need further clarification. I hope your couple of minutes would be helpful to sort out my stupid mistake. 🙂

Kind regards